Rainbow Chard Pizza
I went back to Bikram yesterday for the first time in a week and WOW it was an awesome class. I have only been to four classes now, but I feel like I already feel so much more flexible than I was two weeks ago.
I’m also making progress on the hat! If Ellie takes a good nap today, I might be able to finish it before Mike gets home form work. I think a Christmas stocking may need to be my next project.
This pizza comes from the book Tyler Florence gave me
I haven’t cooked much with rainbow chard lately because I always buy so much kale instead, but it is fabulous on this pizza. The key is the smoked paprika-infused oil; it adds SO much flavor! The recipe makes more than enough for the pizza, so I used the extra to saute mushrooms and kale for lunch. Divine.
- dough for 2 10" pizzas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, chopped
- zest of half a lemon
- 8 oz mozzarella, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 500 F with a pizza stone inside (if you have one)
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan with the paprika and chili powder. Simmer on low heat for about two minutes, stirring constantly so the spices don't burn. Remove from heat.
- Heat about 1 tbsp of the paprika oil in a wide skillet. Saute the chard until wilted. Stir in a pinch of salt and the lemon zest.
- Shape the dough into two 10-inch rounds then brush each with paprika oil. Sprinkle evenly with chard, then top with slices of mozzarella.
- Bake the pizzas on the pizza stone for about 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
(adapted from Tyler Florence Family Meal: Bringing People Together Never Tasted Better